Smartlaunch Forum
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Need For Speed Most Wanted with Daemon ToolsExpand / Collapse
Author
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 04-09-2009 02:45:04
Hi,

Can anyone here explain how to use the Batch file to run NFS: Most Wanted using Daemon Tools and SD4hide to run under SL4.

I'm traying several ways to make "one click" Mounting and SD4Hide but I can't find a way to do this under SL4 Can any one here help me? PLEASE

jmerhi
Post #2728
Posted 29-11-2005 04:02:57

Smartlaunch Support

Smartlaunch Support

Last Login: 21-10-2009 14:15:28
I don't have the game, so I can't test this, but... what I've do for most of my newer games is run them from a batch file like (for COD2):

@echo off

z:\tools\devcon.exe disable IDE\*ROM*

"c:\program files\daemon tools\daemon.exe" -mount 0,"Z:\COD2CD1.mds"

C:
cd "C:\Games\Activision\Call of Duty 2"
CoD2SP_s.exe

z:\tools\devcon.exe enable IDE\*ROM*

The devcon tool (which can be downloaded from MS) disables the IDE drive which makes the games play nicely with daemon tools. Let me know if this works for the new NFS.

Jason G. Dove
Digital Asylum :: Computer Gaming and Repair
Post #2730
Posted 02-12-2005 12:25:56

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 13-06-2006 15:07:25
I have some problems mounting the cd image for NFS: Most Wanted. I use Deamon tool 4.0.

I get this error message:

Log from PC6: Could not mount cd image. Path: 'Z:\images\NFS MW\fsmw1.mds'. Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Systemet finner ikke angitt fil
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Smartlaunch.Classes.Lists.x7accf311c7ba1951.xb4c20196cca6b7fb.x8e2a24ad92cd1e3d() (PC6)

But the "Verify path" test says OK on the image. And I have checked and it is correct.

If I mount the image manualy on the client computer the game works fine.

PS: Does the mounted images get unmounted after you exit the game or is it mounted until another game is startet who also have i image thats need to be mounted ? I'm yust asking since I'm not shure how this works. Are the image unmounted when a user logs out ?

I must say it is not easy getting things to work in SL.
Have had it for a mounth now and I have only got one game to work (Quake 4) and I don't think the PUF works on it. I guess I have a lot too learn :-)
What I found problematic is figuring out how thing's work espesialy the PUF function.

--
Smartlaunch 4.0.540 - .NET 2.0 final
Windows XP Clients - Windows 2K3 Server
Post #2811
Posted 03-12-2005 12:05:07
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 07-04-2007 11:09:33
Daemon tools 4 has changed the field from 3.xx
Where we mounted fine before 4 we now have some issues.
Strange error messages and the like.
Also daemon script (if u use this) dont see D 4
We run this title without error so u can too.
Cant see it now but let me now if u cant fix this
Re mount unmount answer is no
You need to include an umount instruction (mostly) before you mount to clear the drive
Post #2832
Posted 06-12-2005 13:47:10

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

I have this settings for Deamon tool in the General Setting tab in SL server settings.
"%ProgramFiles%\DEAMON Tools\Daemon.exe" -mount 0,"%ImagePath%"
My question is are the "%ProgramFiles%" part independent of the Client Windows XP OS language ?

What happens if you try to mount a image through SL if a image is already mounted ?
Can anyone provide me with a unmounting instruction for Deamon tool and where I should put it.

Why aren't this done automaticaly in SL ? I assume there is no need for a mounted image when the game is
not running.. if so there could be a checkbox disabling the automatic unmount feature.

--
Post #2938
Posted 10-12-2005 02:49:22
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 07-04-2007 11:09:33
Hey qbas
this is exactly how we do it for underground 2
its all local to the station
each station has a c and d drive
d is holding our images and scripts at this time
Daemon Script

Version|1.5.4|3|
UnMount|0|
Mount|D:\Images\NEED_FOR_SPEED_UNDERGROUND\NFSUG2_DISK2.mds|0|1|
RunApp|C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Underground\speed2.exe|
|C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Underground 2|

We dont have any issues as far as I know.
I am unsure of the emulation we use but globaly we can use either DTools, Alcohol 52, Alcohol 120

We have been recently having success with securerom titles using latest Alcohol120 for dumping and mounting with Dtools 4
hope this helps
Post #3048
Posted 25-12-2005 19:09:23
Supreme Being

Last Login: 05-06-2013 18:17:26
I tried this devcon tool, didn't help a bit. What's weired is that we have several identical PCs in store, and on some of them Most Wanted loads up just fine, Deamlon tools 3.XX. On several of them it just won't load no matter what (only if CD is inserted) For this reason I had to download SD4 blocker + image,but it's not working very well either - there's a problem with my batch file I think. I have the following batch:

@echo off
ECHO *** Launching NFS: MOST WANTED ...
ECHO *** Please Wait...
"C:\Program Files\D-Tools\Daemon.exe" -unmount 0
"C:\Program Files\D-Tools\Daemon.exe" -mount 0,"c:\images\NFS\NFSMW-MiNi.mds"
C:
cd C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted\
"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted\SafeDisc4 Blocker.exe"
cd C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted\
start speed.exe

And when I try to run this shows up SDblocker error msg, game loads up ok, but I don't like error msg.

Here's how it's looking in windows shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted\SafeDisc4 Blocker.exe" speed.exe

Any idea what I oput wrong here? I don't know how to run 2 exe files at once via batch, any help would be appreciated.

Post #3303
Posted 26-12-2005 18:23:09
Supreme Being

Last Login: 06-11-2010 18:05:51
I'm using Most Wanted whit the mounting feature whit no problems. Just be sure that you change the %ProgramFiles" for the complet path, and be sure that put a " at the begining of the path in the Daemon Tools path because by default is mising in the sl. Also use "%ImagePath%" instead of %ImagePath%.

BitNet México
www.bitnet.com.mx
Post #3317
Posted 30-12-2005 13:24:37

Last Login: 11-02-2008 02:19:02
Guys, if ur client computer does not have CD-ROM, just go to www.gamecopyworld.com to download a "speed_loader", don't need that safe4Block anymore. (PS: This is not an ADs)
Post #3423
Posted 04-01-2006 15:38:36

Did get NFSMW to work with speed_loader but when I exit the game I get an anoying "Done!" message windows that I have to press OK on to get ridd off. Is there anyway to get rid og this message windows automaticaly ?

--
Post #3486
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This TopicExpand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Michael [SL], Ralf [SL], infidel [GIZMO], TINDEV, Thomas [SL], Daniel [SL], Edwin [SL], Ayuning [SL], Mike Ziarko [SL]

PermissionsExpand / Collapse

All times are GMT +8:00, Time now is 10:36